About

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Books... Movies... Quotes...

Books :

The Godfather - Mario Puzo
 "I will make him an offer he can't refuse"

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
 "Who is John Galt ?"

Political Biography of Indira Gandhi - Pranay Gupte
 "My father was a statesman, I am a political woman. My father was a saint. I am not."

Love Story - Erich Segal
 "Love means not ever having to say you're sorry"

The Goal - Eliyahu M Goldratt
 "If you are like nearly everyone else in this world, you have accepted so many things without question that you’re not thinking at all"

Movies:


Crash
 " They think we're Arab. When did Persian become Arab ? "

Titanic
 "Rose: [letting go of Jack's hand] I'll never let go, Jack. I promise"

Blood Diamond 
 "Danny Archer: Sometimes I wonder, will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago"

Seven Pounds 
 "Ezra: I don't think she sees me. "

The Godfather 
 "Sollozzo: Bene, Don Corleone. I need a man who has powerful friends. I need a million dollars in cash. I need, Don Corleone, all of those politicians that you carry around in your pocket, like so many nickels and dimes. "

 "Michael: You have to answer for Santino, Carlo."

 "Michael: Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever. "

The Reader 
 "Hanna: [to Michael] You don't have the power to upset me. You don't matter enough to upset me. "

The Beautiful Mind
 "Nash: There has to be a mathematical explanation for how bad that tie is. "

American Beauty
 "Angela: This is my first time. "



If Only
"Ian: I adore you."
"Samantha: [with tears in her eyes] I don't wanna be adored! I wanna be loved."

Pay it forward
 "Trevor: What did you ever do to change the world?"

Notting Hill 

"Anna: Also remember, that I am also just a girl... standing in front of a boy... asking him to love her"

The Notebook

 "Something in your eyes, makes me waana lose myself... in your arms. Something in your voice, make my heart beat fast"

Hitch
 "Hitch [last lines] : Basic principles... there are none. "

4 comments:

  1. i really like little quotes from movies/books that just seem to pull everything together. its like a realization that dawns over me and i'm just amazed at the fact that it can all make sense in a couple of words!

    nice collection! and i'm liking the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just realised...Daredevil...Delhi supporter...are you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As such a KKR fan, even though they win a lot :)
    I had this name much before IPL started

    ReplyDelete